Statutes of the German-Qatar Society e. V.
Decided on June 10, 2011
§ 1 Name and registered office
(1) The Association shall be called the Deutsch-Qatarische Gesellschaft e. V.
(2) He is to be registered in the association register and is based in Berlin.
(3) The financial year is the calendar year.
(4) The company is a non-self-employed regional group. A presence in Qatar is striving.
§ 2 Association purpose
(1) The purpose of the company is to maintain and promote the relations between the Federal Republic of Germany and the Emirate of Qatar in the fields of education and science, technology and culture, sport, medicine, economy and law. The work of the association serves
The understanding of similarities and differences between the state, cultural and social systems of the two countries,
The promotion of tolerance and
The expansion of relations in all areas of the company’s purpose.
(2) The company pursues exclusively and directly charitable purposes within the meaning of the section entitled “Tax Beneficiary Purposes” of the Tax Rules.
(3) The purpose of the articles of incorporation shall be realized in particular by:
Providing information on the state and society of the two countries, whereby the company makes the dissemination of information in Germany via the partner country a priority task;
Exchange of delegations, in particular of opinion-makers and multipliers, as well as of pupils and students;
To promote the relations of schools, universities and research institutes through joint scientific projects and through the provision of scholarships;
Information events in the two countries,
Promotion of cultural exchange, especially in the field of performing arts;
Information on legal systems, in particular in the area of administrative law, constitutional law and civil law, in particular economic and economic constitution;
Development of links with the decision-makers in both
States, in particular the improvement and intensification of information
The educator in science, politics and the media.
(4) The company strives to establish good relations and cooperation with companies in Germany and the Gulf Arab region, which pursue similar objectives.
§ 3 Selflessness
(1) The association is selflessly active; It does not pursue primarily economic purposes. Means of the association may only be used for the purposes of the statutes. Members shall not receive any remuneration from the association.
(2) No person may be favored by expenses which are foreign to the purpose of the corporation or by disproportionately high remuneration.
§ 4 Membership
(1) Member may become any adult or legal person. The application must be addressed in writing to the Executive Board, which decides within one month.
(2) The membership ends with death, withdrawal or expulsion from the association. The withdrawal may only take place at the end of a calendar year and must be addressed in writing to the Management Board three months before the end of the year.
(3) Membership fees will be levied. The General Meeting decides on maturity and amount.
(4) In the case of gross violations of the association obligations, B. Non-payment of the membership fee in spite of a one-time reminder or unworthy behavior which endangers the aims and purposes of the association in the public image, the Executive Board may decide to exclude a member. The decision of the next Ordinary or Extraordinary General Meeting may be applied for against the decision of the Management Board. The procedure
Governs the Management Board in an electoral and administrative order, which must be submitted to the Annual General Meeting for information.
§ 5 Organs of the Company
(1) are organs of the company
The Annual General Meeting
(2) In support of the work of the society and the achievement of its objectives, the Executive Board shall form an advisory council and advisory councils. It can form project groups for specific tasks that are defined in terms of time and content. The Advisory Board, Advisory Councils and Project Groups are not organs of the company.
§ 6 Annual General Meeting
(1) The General Meeting is the supreme body of the company. Regular general meetings take place every second year.
(2) The General Meeting shall be deemed to constitute a quorum if it has been duly convened. A regular general meeting is convened, which was announced by the Bureau with a deadline of three months, with an indication of the agenda on the website www.dqgev.de.
(2a) Absent members may delegate their voting rights to a member of the company who attends the general meeting. The delegated member can be bound by instructions from the assigning member with regard to his voting behavior. The transmission of the right to vote and the instructions shall be given in writing and shall be submitted to the Management Board. This does not apply to voting behavior in elections.
(3) Resolutions of the General Meeting of Shareholders shall be taken by the simple majority of the members present, insofar as these Articles of Association do not provide otherwise. Stimuli are not taken into account when a required majority is established.
(4) Amendments to the Articles of Incorporation, a change in the purpose of the Association and dissolution of the Association shall require a 2/3 majority of the votes cast.
(5) The minutes of the General Assembly shall be drawn up, signed by the Secretary and the President. The minutes will be published on the Company’s website.
(6) Extraordinary (a.o.) members ‘meetings shall be held on the order of the Management Board in matters which do not allow a postponement until the ordinary shareholders’ meeting. At the written request of 25% of the members, the Bureau shall, within two months of receipt of the request, Annual General Meeting. A. O. Annual meetings must be announced one month before their date on the company’s website with the provisional agenda. A. O. Members’ meetings with the aim of amending the Articles of Incorporation are prohibited.
§ 7 Tasks of the General Meeting:
The Annual General Meeting
Elects the Management Board, the auditors and, if appropriate, the other organs provided for by these Articles of Association; It decides on the dismissal and discharge of the Management Board;
Decides the principles of association work;
Decides on an honorary order according to which the Board may appoint honorary members and honorary presidents;
Adopts the annual report of the Executive Board and decides on the budget of the association as well as the annual accounts of the Management Board. The Management Board may set the period for the budget and annual accounts for a two-year cycle;
Decides on amendments to the constitution, changes in the purpose of the association and dissolution of the association;
Decides an arbitration according to § 14;
Takes note of the electoral and business rules pursuant to Article 4 (4), the composition of the Advisory Board and the Advisory Boards, as well as the tasks and composition of the project groups. The General Assembly may make proposals for further work and the appointment of persons.
§ 8 The presidium (authorized to represent the board according to § 26 BGB)
(1) The Presidium shall represent the Association to the outside world and to all legal and extrajudicial matters. It consists of
A managing director.
The managing director is responsible for managing the day – to – day business of the
(2) The President and the Managing Director are authorized to represent the company individually for declarations against authorities and courts, as well as for economic transactions up to € 5,000. For over-the-counter transactions
Shall be the president and the managing directors jointly or each of them with a vice-president or vice-president. Transactions in excess of € 10,000, – in individual cases, require approval or, in urgent cases, approval by the Management Board.
§ 9 Management Board
(1) The Management Board shall consist of the Presidium and other members. The other members are not entitled to represent the company in the sense of § 26 BGB. Each board member must be assigned a business area. A member is responsible for the press and public relations work. The number of additional members is determined by the Annual General Meeting. At least one member of the Executive Board is said to have a Qatar nationality.
(2) The Management Board is elected for a period of two years. The board of directors is elected for one year. The members remain in office until the election of a new executive committee. The Board is open to all
Matters which are not expressly assigned to the General Meeting or to the Bureau by statutes.
(3) It shall adopt its decisions by a simple majority. Decisions are recorded in a protocol.
(4) The responsible member of the presiding committee shall invite the chairman in writing, by e-mail or by electronic means, with a four-week deadline. The Executive Board is a quorum if at least half of the members of the Management Board, including at least two of the members of the Management Board who are authorized to represent the Management Board, are present.
(5) The members of the Management Board who are authorized to represent the individual members of the Supervisory Board are bound by the majority resolutions of the Executive Board.
(6) Board members may receive appropriate compensation for their activities. The Managing Director shall perform his duties as a whole as soon as the economic circumstances of the company so permit. The Management Board may appoint the elected Managing Director as full-time Managing Director or a person employed
§ 10 Advisory Board
(1) The Management Board shall appoint expert persons to an advisory board in order to support its task fulfillment and advice.
(2) The Advisory Board shall be advised by the Ambassador of the Emirate of Qatar in Germany or by a representative nominated by him as a general or in a particular case, in an advisory capacity.
(3) The duties of the Advisory Board shall be determined by a committee to be decided upon in consultation with the Bureau.
§ 11 Auditing of accounts
The Annual General Meeting elects two auditors for the audit of the accounts and the verification of compliance with the company’s articles of incorporation and company resolutions. The tasks can also be entrusted to a recognized auditing company.
§ 12 Authorization
If the registration of the statutes or their amendment to the association register or the recognition of the non-profit status by the responsible financial authority preclude certain items of the articles of association, the Management Board is entitled to carry out such amendments independently. The amendments shall be submitted to the next Annual General Meeting for confirmation.
§ 13 Dissolution, abolition of the tax-privileged purpose
In the case of the dissolution of the association or the abolition of tax-privileged purposes, the property of the Association falls to the German-Arab Friendship Society (DAFG), which is directly and exclusively for the promotion of international sentiment, tolerance in all areas of culture and the idea of international understanding through care and education Deepen the relations between the Federal Republic of Germany and the Emirate of Qatar in the fields of education and science, technology and culture, sport, medicine and law.
§ 14 Arbitration
Decided on June 10, 2011 in Berlin
§ 6 (2) amended and § 14 repealed by the General Meeting on 22 July 2011
§ 2 para. 1 sentence 1 and para. 3 as well as §§ 4 and 13 amended by resolution of the Management Board pursuant to Art. § 12 on 29.08.2011